Here is some basic information about how this Community site
The Community site works a lot like Facebook, but we only ask for
your name and email although we’d love to know where you are
located, anything else you share is up to you. Once on our main
page – you will see a slideshow featuring one of our photo albums
on the left above a list of upcoming events. We will post news and
featured blogposts in the center of the page.
Going across the tabs at the top –
Invite – allows you to invite friends to join the
• If you type in your email address and password(we don’t keep or
share this information) you will invite everyone you email.
• If you’d like to invite just a few friends you can type in their
email addresses individually.
• Or you can import an entire address book from Outlook or another
address book application.
My Page - is your personal page.
• You can just type in the box that says “What brings you here?” to
post news about yourself.
• You also have a text box where you can put just about anything
you want to post including links to things like youtube video.
• There’s a space for photos – just click on “add photos” and you
can upload photos from your computer that you can display as
thumbnails or a slideshow or organize and display in albums . We’d
love to see the buildings and sites around Oregon that YOU love. We
are all architectural voyeurs after all.
• And at the bottom is a place where you or your friends can
comment. You can change the order of these items by hovering over
them with the cursor until the cursor changes into a cross with
arrows, at that point, you can just click and drag the item where
you want it.
On the right side of your My Page, under your name, you will
• Inbox - where you can see messages you’ve received from other
members and send messages. • Friends-Invite - another link to the
• Settings - where you will be able to upload a photo of yourself
and change your profile information like your birthdate, gender and
Under Birthdate – there are three options: Display my birthday,
Display my birthday and age, Don’t display my birthday or age;
choose the setting you prefer.
Over on the left side of “My Page” you will see a list:
• Profile – the first page you go to when you click Settings where
you can upload your photo and change your profile information.
• Privacy - where you can control who sees your blog posts, photos
and information. Just be aware that the administrator can see
everything no matter the setting.
• Email - where you will be able to change your email settings and
control when you receive email updates from the Community site or
you can go to the bottom and turn off all emails.
• My Page - redirects you to other pages to make changes in the
appearance of your page.
• Connections - allows you to connect your page posts to
Events -is where you can post information on
preservation events. Event postings are approved by the
administrator. Please keep them to events that have to do with
preservation or history.
Blogs - lists all the latest blog posts by members
and staff. To the right of the blog posts there are links that sort
the posts by most popular, topic and date, so you can find the blog
posts that interest you.
Discussions - is where you can chime in on different
preservation topics. Tell us what you think because we want to know
what is important to you.
Members - Here, you can see who else is a member,
click their profiles to learn more about them and “friend”
Groups - There are general groups like Old House
Geeks that you can join. Some groups are created by our League
Members (other preservation groups around the state) as a way for
them to communicate with their members and post information and
events that they share with us.